Here are some recommendations for measuring the success of social media campaign through monitoring tools:
1. Check out socialmention.com It is free and you type in the words you want to find out about!
2.Tweetdeck or Tweetmeme also allow you to monitor twitter, Howsociable? is also a nice way to monitor across 22 different metrics, and I use Technorati to search blogs.
3. The good news is that there are many dependable services and apps that can give you the stats to review. For email marketing, try a service such as Constant Contact, Vertical Response or Patron Mail (all the same services, different companies). Not only do they give you open and click rates, but you can follow which customer clicked through to what webpage, etc. which is helpful for targeting your followup message(s).
4. Facebook’s app page is a useful summary of people’s interests. There are also numerous twitter review sites that track local twitter feeds (about 70% accurate) such as http://twitrratr.com/
5. I also make use of something called "The Social Media Firehose" (link below).
6. You might want to check out http://www.simplyzesty.com/social-media/do-you-know-what-people-are-saying-about-you/
Many blog monitoring tools and other interesting stuff as well! All free
7. …addictomatic.com is good too.
8. You can try using trackur.com. A great simple to use tool. They have a free version and a paid version too. Would suggest that you try out the free version and if you are happy with the results then invest in it