Aptly said by Edward Bernays, “Public Relations is a management function which tabulates public attitudes, defines the policies, procedures and interest of an organization followed by executing a program of action to earn public understanding and acceptance”
It is worth pondering that businesses, especially start-ups or small businesses sweat their brains out in planning and strategizing their marketing endeavors to get visibility for an organization. Public relations, on the other hand, is often overlooked. The reasons range from lack of awareness to just perceptions. Irrespective of the reasons, here is a look at the scope and benefits of PR for a business.
Scope of Public Relations (PR)
To gauge the significance of Public Relations (PR) it is important to indicate its scope and level of reach. Public relations is a valuable tool that supports:
- Evaluating public opinions and attitudes
- Formulating and implementing policies and procedures to the level of reach that is intended while communicating with the public
- Building goodwill and rapport through two way communication
- Fostering healthy relations between a firm and its customers.
Benefits of Public Relations (PR):
Businesses across all platforms and industries stand to benefit from public relations and should definitely opt for making public relations their cornerstone. Here are a few reasons why it should be considered:
- It is the most economical and cost effective means of reaching out to a vast audience.
- Aids in building a strong and controlled image of your organization.
- Develops brand awareness for your company.
- Stimulates demand for your products and services.
- Portrays a positive and proactive image of the company.
- Helps you leverage “the law of average” to boost your bottom line.
- Gives you an upper hand over your competitors who do not practice public relations.
What is more, Public Relations has proven to be seven times more fruitful than advertising as per leading surveys done across the world! A broadcast news clip posted online, product release news distributed to web outlets or an article on an eminent online news channel; all these and more can help you add credibility to your business and also considerably increase the traffic to your website. Besides, they can also be leveraged to improve Google rankings and thus increase visibility on the search engine.
Would you agree that Public Relations are beneficial to all businesses? Are you looking for PR services? Check out our website www.irispr.net. Iris Public Relations DMCC is a full service Dubai PR agency covering Middle East and North Africa.