Being a Dubai based PR agency, we often get enquiries from companies wishing to make the most out of their participation in various trade events in Dubai. Trade shows are a busy time for Dubai PR agencies and journalists, be it Arabian Travel Market, Arab Health, Big 5, Dubai Derma,Dubai Air Show and the others in between . So how to leverage your company’s participation in trade shows to create maximum PR impact?
1. Firstly, be clear on your communication objectives. Instead of several messages going out at the same time, zero in on your most important messages. Maybe you are launching a unique product or a market report. Focus on your main initiative to stand out from the crowd
2. Show dailies are an integral part of trade events in Dubai. Make sure you are in touch with the organisers and trade show dailies to get your news to them in advance
3. Trade show websites also have a section devoted to press releases by participating companies. The website is often visited by trade visitors and participating companies. Make use of the free offer to announce your developments to a niche audience
4. Define your messages and target media in advance to pitch for interviews
5. Have a pre-event and post-event press release
6. If you have a major announcement, host a press conference during the show. Make it a point to book the press conference room in advance as these get filled very quickly
7. If you have something unique to talk about your industry or business, fielding a speaker at the conference is a good idea
8. Last but not the least, do not forget to get your social media outlets swinging into action to highlight your participation at the show
Follow these steps and your next trade show participation will help to create headlines.